If you have taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s questions on your own blog then add your link in the comments section at: http://www.alltheweigh.com so others can see your FMM questions and answers. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers by posting your own FMM post and commenting on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
FMM: All The Single Ladies (and Gents)
1. What is your current relationship status? Are you happy with that status? I’m married and very happy about it. I’ve been married for almost 11 years.
2. Do you find it enjoyable to take care of someone in addition to yourself, or do you prefer to be responsible only for yourself? I think anyone who knows me would say that I’m a caretaker by nature. I do like taking care of my family, but I refuse to enable people. My husband is very independent and fully capable of caring for himself. I am teaching my son to do the same. There is nothing worse than a man who needs to be cared for.
3. What’s the most important physical characteristic in your mate/potential mate? A nice smile.
4. What’s the most important (non-physical) characteristic in your mate/potential mate? Loyalty tops my list.
5. Is it important to you that your significant other have the same hobbies and interests as you? Not necessarily. I think there should at least be some willingness to try some of the activities that interests your partner. My husband isn’t a runner, but he has run a couple of races with me. I am not an avid soccer fan, but I have gone to watch games with him.
6. If you could go out on a date with a celebrity who would it be? I would like to go out with either Bob Harper or Dolvett from the Biggest Loser. I would insist on a last chance workout!!
7. What’s your idea of a good first date? Something that allows the opportunity for conversation like dinner, out to a park, an easy hike or just out for coffee. Honestly I’m not even sure my husband and I had a proper first date. Dating in rural Mozambique is quite a bit different from dating here in the states.
8. Are there any traits/habits that you’d consider a deal breaker? Prior to meeting my husband I didn’t have a “type” like many of my friends, but there are of course the obvious things that should be a turn off like proven track record of infidelity, substance abuse, currently married and laziness.
9. Okay ladies…Facial Hair: Yes, or No? My husband doesn’t seem to grow facial hair and I love him as he is so I’ll say no.
10. Would you marry someone who is opposed to diamond engagement rings? Yes of course. My husband is from southern Africa, a region notorious for the so called “blood diamonds.” I never cared too much about having a diamond anyway. I’d love to share my ring story but it would make this a bit too long.
11. What do you wish you could do differently in your next relationship? A relationship is ever changing. My husband and I are constantly working on things to make our marriage better. Right now I am really making an effort to be more mindful of how hard my husband works, be more patient (in general) and stop feeling guilty when I take time for myself.
12. Is there anyone from your past that you’d like to date again now? No because I couldn’t be happier with the person I married. However, if I absolutely had to choose the only person I would ever consider dating again would be the man I dated while studying abroad in Mexico. He was extremely nice, cute and very intelligent. Once I returned to the U.S. the distance made it very difficult to continue our relationship, but for a long time I wondered…what if?
13. Describe your worst first date story ever. I once went on a blind date. My friend and her boyfriend set it up as a double date. I was still in high school, very awkward and self-conscious. The guy was very sweet, but it was clear almost immediately that he wasn’t interested. It made for a very long and uncomfortable night.
14. Describe the perfect date with your significant other. It would be an all day date while our son is staying at my sister’s! It would start a delicious breakfast followed by a long walk or hike somewhere scenic. The afternoon would be spent by the water relaxing, swimming and boating. In the evening we would enjoy a quiet romantic dinner. -Clearly I never think about this!!
15. Would you date someone shorter than you? I doubt it. I’m 5’2″ so it would be rather difficult to meet someone shorter.
16. Share one (or a few) bonus traits that would be fun to find in an significant other (even if they aren’t as important as other traits.) It would be great if my husband could massage my head like my hair dresser. Also it would be a bonus if he could sew and do alterations on my clothing.
17. What’s one thing you’d like to do with a significant other that you’ve never done with another? I would like to cook together.
18. PDA: Yes, or No? Not really. We are pretty low key though we do hold hands when we are on a date.
19. Do you kiss on the first date? I have but only if it felt right.
20. Who, if anyone, makes your heart flutter? My husband! He really does even after almost 14 years together.
Lots of questions this week! Now it’s your turn to answer them! Don’t forget to visit Kenlie’s blog and link up in the comments! Happy Monday!!